The Hahn Family Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Mmmm, coffee

In my mind, summer time equals iced coffee, or even better, blended coffee. Since I lean towards frugal and think homemade is best, here you go. My recipe that's a compilation of lots of those out there. This makes one giant serving... um, yes please!

- 1/2 cup double strength coffee, chilled
-1 mounded cup ice
-1/2 cup milk
-2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon flavored coffee creamer (use a bit less milk if you add creamer)
-optional 1 tablespoon sugar- I skip this if I have the creamer on hand

Toss everything into your Ninja (most amazing little gadget ever) or your blender. Mix until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour into a glass and sip from a straw. I recommend topping with a bit of whipped cream for the full effect.


-Edit... I like to blend the ice alone first then add the rest and mix until smooth. The ice chunks tend to be smaller and more uniform this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment