The Hahn Family Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2013

it's fall!

-or in our house, the most wonderful time of the year! We love the fall season around here. We celebrate our firstborn's birthday and our anniversary, hunting season begins and I bake, bake, bake. With all the pumpkin recipes floating around I decided to share my bread recipe instead of something seasonal. It's the only bread recipe I make anymore...no more dead duck day in our house.

This recipe uses a bread machine-
Add ingredients to pan in order listed, set machine to dough cycle and start:
-1 cup milk, lukewarm
-1/4 cup water
-3 tablespoons butter, soft and cut into pieces
-2 tablespoons coconut oil (can use butter)
-2 tablespoons sugar
-1 1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-2 1/2 cups bread flour
-1/2 cup wheat germ
-1 tablespoon wheat gluten (can skip but really improves texture)
-2 teaspoons or 1 pkg yeast

When cycle has finished, punch down and divide dough in two. Let dough rise in buttered loaf pans until doubled in size and bake at 350* for 18-20 minutes- tops should be golden. I brush butter over the tops when they come out of the oven to keep the crust chewy. Cool in the pans for about 30 minutes, then turn out on a cooling rack. If you have will power, do not cut until completely cooled. Otherwise slice and serve warm with that new pumpkin butter recipe you've found :) As my son says, dee-yish-ish!

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall not thirst".

No comments:

Post a Comment